Sunday, November 29, 2009

Finally...relaxation. Just in time for Monday.

Howdy. What a weekend it's been.  My mom had 25 people for Thanksgiving dinner, so this required tons of prep work. Peeling potatoes. Chopping whatever it is she puts in the stuffing to make it so perfect.  And oodles of other stuff I can't even remember right now.  I ate so much on Thursday I was still stuffed on Friday morning.  Friday night we had our annual girls' night of hitting the malls--mucho shopping was done.  Not for other people. I loaded up for myself.  Saturday was decorating for Christmas (anyone else tired yet)?  Our house looks like Christmas came in and exploded--not a surface goes untouched or unlit.  And as if that wasn't enough, today I had my "shopping event" at Plush.  The turnout wasn't as good as they expected it to be, but I guess it's the economy...anyway, I didn't do too bad. Not great, but it wasn't disappointing. Plus, it was a really nice day out.  Here are a few shots of my table:

Basket style handbags with matching change purses...

Buttercup handbags...

Satin evening bags...

Assorted foldaway totes, change purses, and cross-stitched Christmas ornaments...

The best part was what I bought (so I didn't profit much, haha)...

...how adorable is this bracelet?

Part of the fun was seeing the nifty items others had for sale.  One lady had the most beautiful antique jewelry.  There was a slightly embarrassing moment when I got excited over what I thought was a $2.00 ring.  Yeah....it was $175.  Since the things I lurved were waaaaaaaaay out of my range, I moved next door.  Which is where this bracelet was waiting for me.  She had several gorgeous pieces for sale, and I spent my time there trying to decide what I was going to get that was just different enough from what I already have.  Then, the lovely saleswoman said to me "I have something you might like." And showed me a purse bracelet.  How fitting. How perfect. And it fits me perfect.  It's like it was there all day just waiting for me to come along and make it part of my life.  The rest of her stuff was absolutely the business.  The company she works for is called "Premier Designs" and they make high fashion jewelry.  She had something that could fit every taste and style, and she was an absolute dear.  I am over the moon excited about this bracelet (it's the little things that make me happy).  If you think you might like to host a show, let me know and I'll give you her contact information.

Another vendor there who had some crazy interesting products was a girl selling products for Shaklee. I've never heard of them before but they sound like a great company.  They went "green" way before it was cool. Or really even heard of. They rigorously test their all-natural prodcuts so that they're safe by the time they get to your hands.  They're made to last for a loooong time, and smell delish.  They have cleaning products, beauty products, health products, pretty much everything. And they were very reasonably priced.  Plus--celebs have been getting these in their goodie bags at awards shows, and a few years ago they were one of Oprah's favorites.  Totally worth checking out.  Let me know if you'd like her info too.

That's about all I have for now. I'm off to put up a few new items in the shop, and to curl up and read for a bit before a hectic week starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...