Sunday, June 6, 2010

"But they're cousins...identical cousins, all the way..."

I brought my wavy top bag to work to show it off, and someone asked me to make one for them to give to her mother for a birthday gift.  There were to be "absolutely no pockets on the outside."  Understandable--who isn't worried about naughty fingers pinching their goods now and then?  The fabric she wanted was a very dark brown and aqua viney-scrolly print--both colors proved impossible for me to match.  If I tried to use a contrasting fabric it would have ended up looking not-so-great.  So I used a single print for the outside--straps and all--and a different one for the inside.  These bags have a totally different look but they're almost exactly the same:

"Yes, they're the same....if same means different."  {Friends}
I ask you this...what is a bag without zippers?  Ponder that.

My favorite--hardware close-ups.  There are also matching silver purse feet on the bottom.

With this one I ironed out a few kinks that the first bag had--the zipper fits in a little better, and I actually wrote down a few measurements I had neglected to do the first time around.  I really love this style of bag, but this particular size is just a touch too big for me to use everyday.  I'm working on a "shorty" version of this bag.  As I only have 2 bags left on my to-do list (does a little happy dance) it shouldn't be too long before I have it finished.  I love how they look similar yet different enough for a double-take and a "Is that the same bag?"  I've put the green and cream flowery one up for sale in my shop--I'm curious to see if it will sell.

Ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. hello! ive seen many cute bags u've made. would you mind making one for me? the're so adorable.
    how may i contact you?
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there--
    You can send me an email at sweetbeebuzzings@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...