Thursday, November 29, 2012

Made By You

I was giving a little look-see into the Flickr group I set up for you to plop your creations into and discovered some delightful bits of fun. I figured I'd share them here so we can all see what you've been up to.

First up, let's do some wavy totes!

 Pretty, eh? I like the patchworky look it has. It's hard to tell without the other size right next to it, but Lisa made the smaller version (and I think the first one submitted). 

Wavy Top Bag
 Maria made this one is from some elegant looking home dec fabrics. I love the red! I think I want a fancy dress made out of it, if anyone wants to hook me up.

 Wavy top tote 005 
That marble copybook blue is a nice complement to those bright flowers. Nice work, Barbara!

 photo0389  
I don't have a name for the submitter of this one, but she claims it's her first bag ever. I feel inclined to call her a liar--it looks too good for a first try! I say that jokingly, of course. Bravo! My first bag looked nowhere near as good :)

DSC_0013_edited-1
Judith posted this lovely butterfly bag. My mom has a soft spot for butterflies and her name is Judy, too. Just sayin'.
The Wavy bag, from Marisa.
Text prints are huge right now, so I love this one from Marisa. The script gives it a lovely scroll look, and an understated elegance.
 
Kaylas FSU purse 2
Isn't this cool? Gaile made this for an FSU fan--I hope she liked it because that came out nice!
 
Photo Oct 07, 3 26 16 PM
I don't know who made this one either,  but they were clearly feeling the football vibe, too. I like the bright blue with it. Diggin' that contrast.

That's it for the wavies right now. We've got a few totes in there as well--
 
Insanely Easy Tote
 CraftyTokyoMama shared a simple and pretty Insanely Easy Tote. There is something just so fresh about blue and white.
Floral Tote
But of course I dig the floral color explosion of this One Yard Tote by Sandy.  

Green Tote  
She also made one in the reverse. How's that for fabric efficiency?! Or maybe it's the lining of the first? I can't tell but either way I like it. Such happy colors!
 
backpack
Paula made a super-cute backpack. I might be afraid to carry it myself as I have an irrational fear of creepy-crawlies, but I think it's adorable anyway :)
 
backpack
And she also made this one. How stinkin' cute is this fabric? So cute I could eat it! See what I did there? Hahaha--because I would totally eat everything on it.

And finally, we have some crochet! I am a bit chilly at the moment, so I very want to wrap myself up in this blocky stripe scarf.

IMG_1519
I don't have a name for the creator of this one either, but it sure is a wonderful crochet job.

That's all I've got for now (and I think that's plenty for this pic-heavy post, eh?). Keep 'em comin' and I'll keep sharin'! As long as it's ok with you--if your work is up there and you don't want it to be please let me know and I'll take it down. I do so love when you share things in that pool--inspiration is something that's always welcome here!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, your bags have gone viral!!! Love them all!
    Love that crochet scarf too!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the variety that comes from a single pattern. Those wavy top totes are all unique and just plain fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joy to see the bag I made with such beautiful creations! I have to admit that seeing those cute bags, now it makes me feel like that I want to re-make one.
    Like I said before, but I say it again, thanks for the tutorial. It was following your tutorial, that I could for the first time to put a zipper on the top of a bag. It was an unforgettable experience when I saw the finished bag with the zipper!

    Marisa from Passion et Couture.
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bethany,

    Just saw this post - You have called me a "liar" - but I take it as a compliment for my sewing skill and don't take offence. I say it again - It was indeed my first bag, but I had no problem making becoz of the wonderful tute given by you.

    Enjoyed seeing other's bags too. Thanks Bethany

    Revathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revathi--
      I hope that didn't offend you at all as it wasn't my intent--I meant it jokingly, and as a compliment to your sewing skills :)

      Delete
    2. Not at all Bethany - I am so happy to get a compliment from you who is so very good at making bags. I simply adore your blog and have marked your tutorials to make some day:)

      Revathi

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...