Friday, July 18, 2014

Progress

Binge watching TV shows leads to hand-sewing projects zipping along, that's for sure. I do feel like that I spend more time staring at the screen, fabric in one hand, needle poised in the other, waiting for a less intense scene so I can take a stitch, but apparently I get more done than I thought. I've got almost all my main parts finished, and just need to think of how I'm going to fill in the final bits.


I have that one final flower to finish off in yellow, and then I'll have to decide what I'm going to do to square it off. I was thinking I would use more yellow, but now I'm thinking I might put some more color in there as my eyes would "expect" something to be in that space, if that makes sense. We shall see. If you've got a thought on the matter please share.

Here are the flowers I made--I love that they're all from the same piece of fabric but cut from different bits so they don't look exactly the same.


The center block is from a random orange fat quarter I found at Joann's.


I wanted to grab more of this fabric but when I went back for more of it of course they didn't have it. If I don't use yellow I was thinking this might be good to fill in what would be the corners, but I don't know. Good thing I've still got a ways to go before I have to make decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...