Monday, November 30, 2009

I Believe....














....a wee bit...it can't hurt...you never know....




I can't really blog about my crafting this month because I don't know who reads this and some of the things are for presents and I don't want to spoil any surprises.  SO....what to write about? Why, Christmas of course!  It is undoubtedly my favorite time of year.  The lights, the music, the hustle and bustle, I just lurve it all.  Ever since I was a kid.  As the world grows darker and gives more cause for cynicism, I really appreciate a few weeks in the year where we can maybe put those things aside and spread some cheer.  Especially to those with heavy hearts.  Everyone deserves a touch of the magic, no matter the belief system.  'Tis the season...

Since the decorating was completed (sans the tree) at my parents' house this weekend, I really took note of how many Christmas decorations they have. Some are newer and were purchased at end-of-season sales and don't have any true sentimental value.  Others are so old they're falling apart, but the cherished little dears get their time to shine in December.  Sometimes it can be hard to appreciate Christmas as it's happening due to the worries and stress the season can bring, but Christmas memories are always warm and fuzzy. At least around here.  Even if it seemed like a bad Christmas at the time, we laugh and laugh about it now.

My parents went out of their way to make Christmas special for us.  And for those of us with an active inner child it still lives within.  Oh, how I wish it could be Christmas all year 'round.  So I thought I'd spend some time and share a few little "tangible" memories with you.  Hopefully it stirs something within that you had tucked away and brings you a few moments of enjoyment.

Remember: "It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air" (W.T. Ellis).
Pay it forward this wonderful season. And check back for some warm fuzzies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...