Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Merry

Is it really Christmas? What happened to December? I feel like I've missed it. I wait all year for it and it blew right by me. Ah, well. The beauty of it is that it comes every year, right?

I've been a bit naughty as far as blogging goes--there has just been so much going on and then the general Christmassing that must be done that I haven't really made anything or done anything worth sharing. Work was crazy for a few weeks, so yesterday I practically skipped out the door, not to return until next year, and have been getting my relaxing on.

This morning my big plan was to weave in the ends on my finished sweater (once it's washed and blocked I'll share--I love the details on it!).


Then there was an unwrapping frenzy...followed by a rewrapping frenzy. Don't worry, we found the "missing" gift, hahahaha.


My dad's new computer decided to spontaneously turn on this narration feature, so every time he did something this annoying "guy" would talk about it. Finally figured that out...


Isn't she sweet? At our work Christmas party one of my co-workers said "I have something for you" and she dropped this off at my desk the next day. Don't you just love when people think of you for no reason other than that they know you love something?


I've been feeling a little less...elfish than usual. The lights, the scents, the songs, have just not been doing it for me this year. Everything has seemed so busy that I've been missing out on quiet moments.


But right now the stockings are hung, Elf is on, and I've got some cozy knitting on the needles. I've finally got my quiet. So I wanted to take a moment and wish you all a merry Christmas. Amidst the frenzy the beauty of it all can escape us, but if you take a moment and really look for it, it's there. The glow of a candle, good will in a stranger's smile, the chills you get when a certain song is sung a certain way during Christmas mass. So step back, take in the madness and the merriment and revel in it, no matter how imperfect it may all seem.


Like my pizza-taco-road kill Scandi 'bird' that I crocheted. The sad part is that it does look just like the picture. But I love it just the same.

Merry Christmas!


4 comments:

  1. Same goes for me really. It's Christmas day now and it's my first free day in 2,5 weeks. I have been working non-stop. I guess that's what you get for being a freelancer, but boy am I tired! So the next couple of days I hope to enjoy lots of couch time and crohet.
    Merry Christmas hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been run off my feet too. I took a break on Christmas Eve and did some leasurly sewing today. It still doesn't feel like Christmas. I don't know what happened this year. Oh well I have next year to look forward to that Christmas feeling. Have a wonderful day whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your thoughts. I had the same problem with that special feeling despite doing lots of Christmas events with our church. Maybe it's a climate thing or maybe just a too busy thing. Really treasured quite moments over the past week. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...