Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bedecked Halls

I'm not sure if I'm coming down with something or if I'm just wiped but I've spent most of my day curled up on the couch with a book and some tea. We had our family Christmas party here last night, and those are always work (no matter how easy you try to make it on yourself). I'm glad it's a short work week, but I'd be glad for a few extra days (not of work, but of doing whatever I want) before my favorite day of the year.

Our house has been decorated for a while now, and I never tire of the coziness of it all. Something about lights twinkling softly and decorations hearkening back to childhood makes all seem right with the world. I thought I'd show you a few glimpses from here and there...

First up is our Christmas village nestled on the living room windowsill:

My favorite piece (the church) has a busted light--it takes a specialty bulb which we have yet to locate...the dark church didn't photograph well :(

 
 I love the detail of some of the figures and buildings, and how the lights make it look soft and warm...

...from this lady working in the greenhouse of the florist shop...

..to these two at the gates of the church.
 

On the mantle:


 

On the dining room windowsill:


I can't even tell you how many snowmen we have...it borders on obscene.


We bought this little guy at Cracker Barrel this year:

I love Christmas fairies. Why should they only be for springtime and flowers in our thoughts?


 And here is our tree:

 It's a Frasier Fir, and a big one! They're usually a skinnier tree but not this one.


 ...and a few new ornaments (we have a number of ornaments that didn't fit on the tree...but we felt we needed more anyway :)

Longtime readers of this wee blog might remember my Christmas series from last year. Here are the links if you'd like to see more of how we roll:


Enjoy the final days until the big day! My nephew informed me last night over late-night cereal that Christmas takes forEVer to get here. If he only knew what's going to happen when he's grown up...

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. How cozy!
    Christmas villages (real ones, not like the fake one I made) are always fun. Yours look so beautiful!

    And yes, they are quite annoying to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cozy and special, Bethany! A home of warmth and joy!
    Sure hope you are feeling better - I always get wiped out after having large gatherings - especially at night - too. I can handle day time gatherings so much better!
    Blessings for a wonderful Christmas week!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Bethany..I always love going to your house at xmas...It really is beautiful..The night always goes buy to fast though..See you soon...Uncle Andrew...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks beautiful! I love your tree! I hope you get feeling better soon! Thanks for sharing!

    Merry Christmas to you!
    Love, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...