Sunday, August 28, 2011

Clever Thoughts - a Printable

I'd like to take a moment to protest the ending of the weekend. It's not because for about 48 hours straight all you could find on TV was news on Hurricane Irene. It's not because for 24 hours straight it poured like you wouldn't believe. It's because I freakin' hate Mondays.

This week I have something a little different to share. I made my first printable! This is a far, far cry from sewing, I know. But Friday night I found myself on the couch, with zero energy, and my laptop close by. I've been puttering about trying to learn a bit more about blog design and playing around with graphics and images. A line from the book I'm reading kept popping into my head, and because I found it so amusing I decided to make a graphic of it. As I was twisting my brain for what exactly to do a back-to-school commercial came on, and inspiration struck. I thought this would be a sweet little message for school-age kids, but might also amuse the grown-ups, or it could be a little something for a teacher to add to a bulletin board. Anyway, here it is:


For anyone interested, the book is "The Man From Beijing" by Henning Mankell, a Swedish author who is VERY good at keeping you from figuring anything out until he wants you to.  The font is called 'Pastel' and I downloaded it from dafont.com. And I made that notebook paper background in PowerPoint. It was tedious because I'm anal particular about certain things, and those lines being evenly spaced was one of them. Now that you know how I did it you can make your own, haha. Or you can print mine. Just click on the photo above, and it takes you to a new screen. Right click the image, save it to your desktop (or wherever you'd like) and then open the file to print. OR if that doesn't work you can get the pdf here.

That's all I've got, folks. I've been stitching away all weekend, but I haven't stopped to take any photos. My knitted armadillo just needs a body and then I can share that with you, too (hopefully this weekend). And my Sherbet Pips quilt sandwich has been waiting patiently for me to stitch it all together. I think Congress needs to stop worrying about the economy and start focusing on mandating three-day weekends for everyone because I clearly have too much to do.

I'm linking up here this week:

15 comments:

  1. A knitted armadillo? I can't wait to see that!! Glad you are a okay after Irene came through. Lots of rain, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice printable Beth:) I love it!!! I'm so glad that you're OK after all!!! I was watching some videos from NY, talk about some heavy rain!!! wow!! I can't wait to see your projects!! Won't you post some WIP peeps?? please???
    Have a great week!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to work at a printer and my life revolved around fonts. Unfortunately I did not love fonts like I should so I got out of that career path. Pastel is an interesting font like someone's handwriting. When I was younger, I thought working hard was the answer. As I got older and had kids, I worked hard all the time. Now my kids are teens, I just want to relax and think clever thoughts but as always, I end up with stupid thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I hear you on the weekend. I don't mind being home but it was hard to be trapped at home. Thanks for linking up!
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and I love it! This printable is fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Printing it now to put on my desk at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this printable!

    I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training! Plus there is a fun giveaway too! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love the notebook paper background. You're right; it's perfect for back to school. Let's just hope students don't think of anything TOO awfully clever. ;)

    Visiting from TT&J! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great printable! thank you! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again today with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing this cute printable, Bethany. Have a lovely weekend!


    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this printable would be perfect for my brand new linky party!

    Creative Genius @ http://www.thecreativepaige.com!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up to the Creative Genius Link Party! I'd love to see you link up again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...