Monday, December 31, 2012

Don't Let the Doorknob Hit Ya, 2012!

New Year's Eve. My least favorite day of the year. Today has actually been a pleasant one, though. Christmas has been packed away (except for the tree), I did the quilting on a quilt that has been oh so patient for several months, my winter wreath is in the dining room waiting to be hung, we had yummy calorific munchies for dinner, and I'm cozy with a cup of tea, ready for bed and my book. Quiet and cozy--just how I like this night to be.

It's been one loooooong year with happy moments having to be searched for rather than asking you to dance a jig with them. Several things have happened, one right after the other it seems, that kept one in a constant state of "Gah! What next?!" I do thank God that I have not been affected in a direct sense, but when it's one's nearests and dearests one's heart and soul suffer just the same (especially when they're already quite sensitive in nature).

However, a whole new year stretches ahead. 365 empty days to fill with hopes and dreams, with making and doing, with new friends and new places. Let's fill them with as much happy as we can cram into them, no matter what shenanigans the universe tries to pull!


Happy New Year!!

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. May 2013 be a great one for you. Today I am filled with such hope and possibilities. I rang in the New Year with knitting and watching Star Trek. The reboot one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, other Bethany! It seems like 2012 was a rough year for both of us, but I have hope that 2013 will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best to you in the New Year, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a rough year indeed!!But we made it! So I'm optimist for this one! And filleeeddd with hopes! Happy New Year Beth!! May it be the best year ever!!
    xx
    Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year, hope you have a fab 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have just stumbled upon your blog, love it!

    Happy New Year from your newest follower!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Sweet Pea!!!! Can't wait to see what all you make this year!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...