Thursday, September 3, 2015

W(hat's) T(his) D(ecision): Blocks 45-48

Uhhhhh, OK. So....uhhhh-huuhhhh-huhhhh.... Um... So after Project Runway is this show called Atlanta Plastic. And it's a train wreck philosophy sort of show (it's horrible but you can't look away). And I'm just like...wow. I joke that I'd get lipo, but the things these people are asking for... I mean...they can do that?? OK, anyway.

I'm full steam ahead towards having a finished quilt top. One more border round to go. I'm sorry, this show is on as my sister is watching it (she started it), and I might be disturbed or dumbfounded or...something. Gah. OK. Quilt blocks.

I call this one 'Saturday afternoon.' I suppose with how much football is on TV now (what is it, Thursday through Monday now?) it could just be called Anyday. BTW, I got "bullied" into being in a Fantasy Football league. Wish me luck. I tend to pick things based on uniform colors or where I'd like to go. It's all quite technical.

Cookies and milk! I landed on earth way too late for the milkman to be a thing, but I remember my mother (who's by nature a morning person) telling me stories of how she used to get up really early with her grandma (because...pre-feminism--"Make me breakfast, woman!"). She'd bring in the milk before anyone else was awake, and spoon some of the cream into her coffee. It was her own secret little treat. I totally get that. I was born way too late, by the way.

This one is kind of self-explanatory. That's a mighty big scrap of something I completely missed until just now... When I was younger I wanted to have a big library in my house filled with fancy leather-bound books, and I would read them all, and I'd have one of those wheely-ladders to get around the room. This makes me laugh now, because I'm reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and I'm all "Wow, this is heavy."

Nesting dolls are made of wood, and polka dots are cute. I'm sorry, this show is kind of crazy and I don't remember my thought process behind this one, haha. 

Swearsies we're getting to the end of these. I have 15 left to share with you. Then I'll show you the whole thing. The weird thing with this project is that it's the longest it's ever taken me to make something and I'm not completely sick and tired of it yet. I think that comes from knitting. I used to try and speed through everything, but with all the knitting I've been doing I've really come to enjoy the process as well as the project, so I don't get antsy to be finished until I'm near the very end. OK, I think I need to go to bed. There are just images in my brain now that I need to sleep away. 

1 comment:

  1. I still want a library like that. That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...