Sunday, May 9, 2010

Insert creative title here (because I just can't think of one today)

First off, Happy Mother's Day (almost belatedly) to anyone blessed enough to be one.

I didn't get much sewing done this weekend because I'm in the middle of a very addictive book and it calls to me louder than my sewing machine does.  I've got about half of the diaper bag finished, though; she's coming up adorable, I can tell you that. 

So, aside from reading and some sewing (and planting flowers, and watching an NCIS marathon), we went to my sister's house for dinner.  She wanted to have everyone over for dinner for Mother's Day. It was a nice time--we played a little Wii, had some chicken and pasta yumminess, and played a few rounds of Catchphrase (if you've never played--go and get it right now. I'm serious. Stop reading and go.  It's that much fun).  But perhaps the most interesting part of the day was getting to meet this little guy:

He started off a little camera shy....

Decided to pose for a cutesie upside-down shot...

Took care of guy business (sorry--couldn't resist this one.  Such a boy)...

And gave me this look approximately 2.73 seconds before curling up and falling asleep.

His name is Jefferson, and he's an eight-week old Rhodesian Ridgeback  (if you look just above you can see the ridge--it's a line of hair/fur/whatever you call it on a dog that grows in the opposite direction).  He enjoys playing with his friend Franklin (a stuffed frog), snuggling, and trying to eat my shoe.  My sister and her husband brought him home yesterday.  I am currently drawing up schematics to pull off the Great Heist of 2010 wherein this little guy comes to live with ME.

And finally...did you ever make cupcakes and wonder how they would turn out if you didn't put them in the cupcake baking pan but just put the batter in those little papers and popped them in the oven?  Or did you ever just forget to put them IN the cupcake pan?  Or...did you ever not KNOW there was a specific pan for cupcakes?  I'm not naming names, but there's a chance one of the above three scenarious occurred...  I'll leave you to decide which one, but here's a picture:

It's what's on the inside that counts :)

Apparently you can get squares, stars, and other surprise shapes (but not the traditional cupcake shape).  I'm happy to report that I sampled several of these and they all tasted marvelous anyway. 

I'm off to have some tea and read a bit before I head to bed and start another stinkin' workweek.  Stupid day job ruining my free time...

4 comments:

  1. Oh he is tooo cute!
    I'm happy to sample one of your cakes if you want backing up on the 'It's what's on the inside...' thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're generally why I stay away from the kitchen--I got the sewing gene, not the cooking one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cutie!!! I'm a sucker for a puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's such a snuggler too! Curls right up. It's a shame he'll be a big dog and it will only last for a little while.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...