Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Few for Friday - #51

I don't have the actual numbers in front of me right now, but I am almost positive that I have spent 99% of my waking hours since Thanksgiving engaged in something that could be categorized as work of a sort--either the regular day job, sewing/crafting for gifts, or the holiday hullabaloo that is shopping, decorating, wrapping, tree trimming and the like. The moments to sit and do nothing have been very few and very far between. This bugs me, because I try to get so much done early so I have time to chill out and enjoy the season. But you know what happens when you finish early? You have a lot more time in which to take on other tasks. I'm blaming it on adulthood, which I was never asked about, by the way. I'd still be back in 1984 if I had my druthers.

Anyway, I've only got two pictures to share with you today as it's been all go here all week. I imagine it's been the same for most of you, so if you're here and reading this thank you for fitting me into your busy life :)

Sneaky peek of my next project to share with you. I'm trying to think of the last time I loved almost every second of a project and I'm having a bit of trouble. I must work on new things more often.

 When I pulled up to work this morning, the field was covered with geese (which hasn't happened for a long time). I loved their honking noises, and wished I could tie red ribbons around their necks so they'd look nice and festive. There's just something so Christmassy about geese. This was about a third of them all. And the field was still covered with them when I left work. I'd love to know if they were there all day...

So that's it. That's all I've got this week. Very exciting, I know. And with that I'm going to go snuggle up in bed and try and squeeze in some reading time before the busy continues tomorrow. Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. This is a busy time for most people although for me it's just the three of us for Christmas so it will be pretty quiet and I'll probably be in my sewing room on Christmas Day unless someone locks the door and hides the key. Looking forward to your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention how much I love your new look blog. So festive and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh....can't wait to see what you are working on. Crazy busy here!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tired just from reading about your busy-ness :) Hope things slow down soon so you can rest, and you're right about trying to get things done in advance - more things steal your time. We'll call that "Bethany's Law" (remember Murphy's Law?). I'm not sure what is not showing in the pic with the bag handle but it must be awesome because what little I see is making me drool! Have a good weekend, Sweet Bee!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I lived in Warsaw, it snowed for about 4 months every winter. The ducks from the park would all go and sit on a particular patch of snow right next to the road and the tramway, hundreds of them. Such a strange sight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm with you on the busy-ness! I'm hanging out for the 27th, when I'll finally get P&Q until I have to go back to work on the 2nd...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...