Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Few for Friday - #50

Well. I just got my arse handed to me in Monopoly. Rachel, Z-man and I played a game, and I thought I had a shot, but it was just a long, slow descent into poverty. Due to time issues Z was declared the winner, but he was probably going to win anyway as he had hotels on half the board. I'm trying to think if I've ever won a game of Monopoly, and I feel inclined to say no. I am really awful at that game.

This week was one of those weeks where you kind of get absolutely nothing done. I have one last bag that absolutely MUST be sewn by the end of next week, and I've got the fabrics for it and the idea all mapped out. It's just the cutting and stitching I'm having trouble finding time for... In the midst of that busy-ness where you don't get a thing done, I did get a few pics. These were all taken on Tuesday as the rest of the week is a blur and that is the only day I stopped to look around...

 We were supposed to get a bit of snow mid-morning, but I awoke to a mess. The streets were icy and it was coming down fast (even though the snow totals were pretty low in the end). I was deciding which day this week I wanted to take off to use up my vacation days, but I figure Mother Nature decided for me so I took off.

 It was a fabulously cozy day. Tea-drinking, baking, baby playing, afternoon napping, gift wrapping--it was a day I needed, really. I felt totally refreshed the next day. I got enough done that I don't feel stressed about the holiday to-do list.

 By late afternoon everything was cleared and shoveled. It has been super cold the rest of the week. Like copious amounts of tea and soup kind of cold.

 My mom and I have been wanting to make some of these birdseed ornaments ever since we got something similar as favors at my cousin's bridal shower. So we made a bunch of them while the snow was falling. Slightly messy, very easy, and the birds around here love them. There are some basic instructions here, and the same thing but a little more detailed here (this is the one we used).

So that was kind of my week. Busy and fast, but a bit relaxing at the same time. This weekend, however...I'll be stitching away. Because I'll need to get that bag done if I want to decorate that tree... Man, I love December. Have a good weekend, kids! See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgious snow pics. This week I just hád to finish crochet pillows so I could finally send off a custom order. I couldn't bring myself to do it. And when I finally kicked myself up the arse, it was of course done in no time. Ugh. Same with work. I have my own business and currently working on a well paying project (though not the most interesting one) and you'd think that in this time of crisis I'd be delighted to work on something that will pay the bills for a while. But noooooo I just háve to play online and be all ADD and work on 5 crochet projects that I'll probably never finish ánd teach myself to bake bread. Deep, deep sighs! I need a holiday ;-)
    Have a good weekend hon!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you had a day off, and it sounds wonderful. Re: Monopoly, I've never won either, and once when I was little and my brothers beat me at the game, soundly, I threw the pieces all over the basement :) not that I had a temper back then or anything. Do y'all have the new Monopoly with the credit cards, etc? We kinda prefer that one but of course the stakes are higher. I still lose. Okay, I'll finish my 5 mug rugs while you finish the bag, I'll wrap gifts while you trim the tree, and we'll get it done!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit jealous of the snow...it's been cold in my part of Arizona, but no snow. Just a lot of dead stuff, which is a lot less fun to look at.
    Those birdseed ornaments are sweet. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with the birdseed, my dad and gran would love them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...