Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I am so smart. S-M-R-T. I mean S-M-A-R-T.

This evening I had one of the biggest duh moments in recent history. I told my mother, and she said "How about that." I told my sister, and she laughed and said "That's a special kind of stupid." It really was. However, it was also such a fabulously stupid discovery that I care more about the discovery than the complete lack of sense I apparently possess at times. So here goes.

It's my favorite time of year, but that also means a total lack of good lighting for taking pictures, except on weekends. A flash is so harsh, so I was searching for one of those flash diffusers to attach to my camera to make things a little less harsh (found one, by the way) so I can take pics in lower light. Anyway, when I was checking to make sure I had the right camera model selected, I noticed something in the pictures they show you of your product from every angle. I ran for my camera, fiddled for a second, and then smacked my forehead in utter disbelief at myself.

OK, so this is my 'good' camera--it's a point and shoot, but a bit more of an advanced model so it takes fabulous pictures without the need for all those lenses and things. I love it.


Despite my love there was always one thing that irked me about it, but it was easy to get over as the camera is simple to use and takes great shots. It doesn't have that built-in screen, but one that swings outward like so--


If I was taking pics for a tutorial or something where I was going to be putting it down and picking it up frequently that little door was annoying, but I did like that it shut the screen inside nice and secure when I was done--


OK, so nothing new there. Then I noticed a picture that showed the screen flipped around so you could see what your selfie would look like--


So then I saw the next shot, the one that now makes this camera perfect to me. You probably have already figured it out...


Yeah, that's the stuff. Flipping the stupid stinking door makes this so much more comfortable to handle and view. I cannot believe it took me a year and a half to find this out. And the sad thing is that if I wasn't searching for an accessory I certainly would not have figured it out on my own.

So, yeah. How 'bout that.

(Oh, and these pics all came from the Amazon product page).

4 comments:

  1. Well how about that! It's like you got an upgrade on your camera without buying a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLLLLLLL when I first came across your blog apart from being amazed by your beautiful creations I loved the quality of your photos. I had a cell phone to take photos back then and they were terrible. When hubby noticed I had been blogging for a while he offered to by me a nice camera and I swiftly said 'I want one like Bethany's' and so he bought me one exactly like yours and I love it. I've had it just over a year I think and it was only a couple of months ago I discovered what you've just discovered. It's nice to know I'm not the only one that's slow to catch on LOLLLLLLL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...