Saturday, December 24, 2011

'Twas the night before....

Apparently, my love for A Christmas Carol and other tales notwithstanding, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas is my favorite Christmas book.....


This doesn't include all of the versions included in those Christmas anthologies that you buy simply for the delightful pictures. I haven't read this story in yeeeeeaaaarrrrsss...... But I can tell you that the two most important lines in the whole book, two lines we should all take to heart and remember each year at this special time, two lines that should be stitched on a sampler, are: "Gave a luster of midday to objects below" and "I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick." I know this because I deemed them important enough to highlight:


Before I bid you adieu today and get back to my bell-making antics (I'm quite obsessed and can't wait to show you those I've made for no good reason other than the joy that comes from mastering something that had seemed impossible before) I'd like to wish each of you a merry Christmas! I hope your homes are cozy and filled with love, your travels smooth sailing, and your presents all keepers so you don't end up in those awful post-Christmas return lines. And if your hearts are heavy this season, I hope that you find peace and solace in the beauty of the day. If we all lived closer, I'd invite you each over for some Christmas tea and Christmas crafting  :)

Merry merry Christmas, my lovely friends! See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. If I lived closer I'd be there.
    Merry Christmas to you honey hope its great.

    ...and to all a good night!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lurked for several months now without comment - I wish you a Merry Christmas and best wishes for '12.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night (well, it's after midnight here ;o) ) Hope you have a wonderful day and that Santa's good to you :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...