Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sugarplum Forest

We hauled out the holly last weekend and plopped Christmas on every last surface in the house. My favorite was setting up Sugarplum Forest. We did some shuffling around of things, and this year it is on the bay windowsill in the living room. It's quite simple with lots of random bits strewn around, but it exists as I feel such a forest WOULD if it were real. There's a lot of photos, and nothing is proportional. But it's all sparkly and pretty and that's how I like it.

It's just crisp and wintery and clear and fresh. I waggled this bird near my brother and he told me to stop because it freaked him out. And he said he got over his fear of birds. Ha!

Let's just pretend these are two turtle doves, shall we? And isn't that the most perfect pink pedestally thingee you've ever seen?

 There's lots of purdy colors and sparkle and glitz. And deer butt if you look left-center....

I saw these houses here for Halloween - but I immediately thought Christmas. Perfect for sugarplum elves. I found the glitter stock at Target for $1/pk of two. Compare that to $2/sheet for the super-rigid Martha Stewart stuff.

My sister doesn't totally get my complete and total love for Christmas, and how I can just sit and make MORE Christmas stuff. She walked in on me making these when I had glitter on my nose and pretty much all over the kitchen table and said...well....here's the conversation:

Her: Why? For what?
Me: Sugarplum forest.
Her: Ok, but why?
Me: For the sugarplum elves.
Her: Oh, you found little sparkly elves??
Me: Nooooo...you don't SEE the sugarplum elves. You just know they're there by their houses.
Her: Oh my. You've crossed into an entirely new realm.

I don't think she meant that in a good way....


I just love it with the lights on before it gets too dark outside.


Glitter and sparkle make everything better, especially at Christmas :)
And pursuant to a few comments/emails--I'm working on writing out the afghan stitch pattern. It's easy-peasy, but I'll get you specifics mid-week (probably).

I'm linking here this week:

15 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful! Love the Sugarplum idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, and the conversation with your sister made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! Very cute!!! Love it! :)

    I want some of those lil birdies!

    I'm you newest follower and I would love to invite you to link this up at my create and inspire party! ;)

    http://www.littleinspiration.com/2011/12/create-and-inspire-linky-party.html

    Thanks! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry - we're all sisters in the Sugar Plum Forest and WE get it! So adorable! Your little homes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. The snow forest is very Narnia. The doves remind me of my ceramics days. I think I made one of those. What happened to it? Christmas is all about the decorations. Wish I celebrate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful. Even deer butt! I cracked up at you and sister's conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never actually seen Santa and his reindeers, but the biscuits, milk and carrots are always gone on Christmas morning - so naaa to your sister ;-)

    Anyway, I think it's so sweet and you've done really well on those little houses. Love that deer bum too!

    BTW, I have a little giveaway on my blog you might be interested in...

    Have a good Monday, Love from London xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROFLMAO, sorry, I might be just a teensy bit with your sister there ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun!

    When you get a chance - love for you to link up to my "Made by ME" linky party: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/12/made-by-me-9-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute. I just love the little houses. I am visiting from Vintage Wanna Bee. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The houses are wonderful, Bethany! Perfect for the sugar plum fairies - love your little winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet vignette!

    Thank-you so much for adding to our Pin'Inspiration Party this week.

    Happy follower and would love if you stopped by and grabbed a button.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course the elves are there, snug in the little houses. Your sister is nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally love this, especially the glittery bird! thanks for sharing. we are featuring it in the blog, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest! We hope to see you again next week. and make sure to grab the featured button ^^)

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    P.S. check out the contest and fun giveaway coming up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...